4.30.2013

Almost May Manicures

Though the weather in this coastal town has been less than sunny and bright lately (we're on day 4 of rain and clouds and more rain), I've vowed to do anything and everything possible to keep it from dampening my mood. Since I just officially finished up with school for the year (until my classes begin in Australia in July), I had the luxury of doing whatever I wanted today. So let's be serious...

My priorities list included:

-watching Clueless on Netflix, my go-to movie of choice anytime I need a pick-me-up (also, look for a post soon about the life lessons in Clueless. Yes, I'm serious. And yes, you'll love it.)

-treating myself to a Dunkachino from Dunkin Donuts (it's half coffee, half hot chocolate, and might as well be the nectar of the Gods)

-catching up on my reading.... as in, the books that I've been wanting to read, but haven't had the time to

and of course...

-painting my nails with bright, spring colors


here's my lineup:



 Essie is, without a doubt, my favorite nail polish brand, and I love all of these latest additions to my collection. They're all so fun, and can honestly be worn during any season, but are definitely going to carry me through spring and summer. When I was a little girl, I used to paint each nail a different color, and I was almost tempted to do that today! Instead, I started my own new trend and painted each of my hands a different (but complimentary) color. Yes, I'm serious. I'm so over the "party nail" trend-- it was cute before every single woman in America wore it. So instead, my entire left hand is sporting Essie's "Splash of Grenadine" (the purple four from the left) and my entire right hand is sporting Essie's "Need a Vacation" (the pink three from the left). And you know what? I've already gotten compliments on my look! (So remember, it started here first)

I know that most people love going to get their fingernails done in shellac at the salon (I do too, who doesn't love to be pampered?), but I've found lately, that I'm too ADD for it to be financially worth it. Instead, I've started to paint my fingers myself for the most part (so that I can change them every few days), and have started to get my toenails done in shellac instead (a lot of salons won't even do this, but it's SO WORTH IT when you live at the beach or are planning to be out in the sun and sand.) I've always thought that getting pedicures was much more relaxing than manicures anyway, and of course getting both would be ideal, but I end up picking at my nails and ruining them, so I only opt for the shellac mani every so often.

My favorite spa in Wilmington, Head-to-Toe Day Spa (http://headtotoedayspa.com/) offers both shellac manicures and pedicures (along with the greatest massages in the world), so if you end up down in Wrightsville Beach for vacation, they're definitely worth the money, and if you go with shellac, your fingernails & toenails will stay beautiful for over a month, no matter how rough you are on them!

Happy Tuesday!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...