2.14.2011

"Art is what you can get away with."

Anyone who knows me very well at all knows that Andy Warhol is one of my favorite human beings of all time. I am in love with his artistic style, his lifestyle & his philosophies about living, love and style. He was larger than life, and was eccentric before eccentric was "cool."  I believe that art has always inspired fashion and design, and I was out of my mind excited when I searched Etsy & a few other sites & found these Warhol-inspired designs. I even found this entire pop-Warhol kitchen (pictured below).  Mixed in are some of my favorite Andy quotes for good measure. Let me know what you think! Would you add any of these to your wardrobe or home?


The owner of this kitchen created this look by purchasing Warhol posters & decoupaging them to his cabinets. Something tells me that the artist would have been flattered.

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."
Andy Warhol Shoes Print Dress- by Pepe Jeans London

"People should fall in love with their eyes closed."
Bond No. 9 New York Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue Fragrance- with notes of blue cypress, pink peony, fennel, roasted almonds, creme brulee & sandalwood.
  $150.00 for 50 ml from Bond No. 9

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting."
Warhol-inspired Holy Mackerel Canvas- $235.00 by VisualKismet on Etsy

"I wonder if it's possible to have a love affair that lasts forever."
Andy Warhol Fashion Mix & Match Stationary- $8.95 from chronicle books

"I never fall apart because I never fall together."
Andy Warhol Soup Can Bracelet- $35.99 by cosmictrinkets on Etsy

"Beauty is a sign of intelligence."
Warhol-inspired Jackie O vs. Marilyn earrings- $32.00 by ZacharyPryor on Etsy

"But I always say, one's company, two's a crowd & three's a party."
Andy Warhol Ceramic Refrigerator Magnets- $5.99 for a set of 4 by minimagnets on Etsy

"Everyone ends up kissing the wrong person goodnight." 
Andy Warhol Appetizer Plates- $1.95 each on Kaboodle.

"Art is what you can get away with."
Andy Warhol's Exposures Women's T-shirt dress- $19.00 by CelebFashion on Etsy

"People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly."
Andy Warhol Blackerry Theme- $4.99 from B Play... download yours today!

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own.”
Andy Warhol Photo Print Halter Dress by Pepe Jeans London




I also highly recommend Warhol's book, "The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)".... it is not only witty and enlightening, but is filled with scandal and hilarity that will open your eyes to the life of the artist beyond what most museum-dwelling Americans would ever imagine.  Happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...